Free Genealogy Toolbar
Looking for a great tool to help you find your ancestors? GenealogyInTime Magazine has a popular free toolbar used by thousands of genealogists. It will help take your genealogy research to the next level. Fun and easy to use, the Genealogy Toolbar sports an elegant interface and several innovative and very useful features.
Working with Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome (for pc only), the Genealogy Toolbar provides:
• Direct access to the powerful and very popular Genealogy Search Engine. It searches over 3.0 billion free ancestral records found on over 1,000 genealogy websites from around the world.
• Access to the Family Tree Search Engine which searches over 3.8 billion names found on various genealogy forums and online family trees.
• Listings of the newest genealogy records on the internet.
• A direct link to the Top 100 Most Popular Genealogy Websites to make it convenient for you to access the most popular genealogy content on the internet.
• An innovative and unique genealogy feed. It picks up real-time postings from the largest genealogy websites (from the Top 100 List) plus hundreds of popular genealogy blogs from around the world.
• A direct link to FamilySearch.
• A direct link to the Google Newspaper Archive, one of the largest free newspaper archives in the world.
• A direct link to A Million Short Search Engine, which specializes in searching less popular websites on the internet.
• A direct link to the Genealogy News Gadget, which provides genealogy news feeds from hundreds of sources.
• A button for Google gmail and a button for conveniently sending a tweet from any page on the internet.
• A meter with website statistics to help you determine the popularity of a website.
Fun, free and useful. From the beginning genealogist to the seasoned researcher, there is something for everyone.
Click on the image below to preview this popular toolbar in action and to begin your free download.
• Make sure you are using Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome (for pc only) before you attempt to download the toolbar.
• Google has made some changes to their Chrome browser that can interfer with the use of the Genealogy Toolbar. We do not recommend the Genealogy Toolbar for Chrome.
• Occasionally, we make improvements and updates to the Genealogy Toolbar. If you already have the Genealogy Toolbar installed, you don't need to reinstall the toolbar or do anything. You will automatically receive the updates.
• The Genealogy Toolbar was designed in concert with Alexa (the internet traffic people). Alexa uses the data gathered from the toolbar to help determine the popularity of various websites. You can easily opt out of this feature if you do not want your vote to count. Simply click on the Options button (the button on the far right of the toolbar – it looks like a gear) and then uncheck the box labelled “Send button usage statistic to Alexa”.