Upgraded Genealogy Tweet Stream
GenealogyInTime Magazine has launched an upgrade of its popular Genealogy Tweet Stream. This free tool has many enhancements over the previous version, including:
- A much improved user interface.
- Complete coverage of the genealogy Twitter universe (thousands of tweeters).
- Strong filtering to weed out low value-added tweets (making the process of using Twitter much more enjoyable).
- Real-time updates.
For Genealogy Twitter Users:
- Follow all genealogy tweets from a single location.
- Run the reader as a background webpage. It will automatically update itself throughout the day.
- Access your Twitter account by clicking on the Twitter icon.
For Genealogy Bloggers:
- Get ideas for future blog posts.
- Find out who is reading and discussing your blog on Twitter.
For Everyone Interested in Genealogy:
- Follow the latest genealogy news and events.
- You don't need to know anything about Twitter to use this tool. You don't even need a Twitter account.
Try the Genealogy Tweet Stream now.
To get your genealogy tweets picked up by the Genealogy Tweet Stream, do the following:
- Use one of the following tags: #genealogy #familysearch #familyhistory #rootstech2013 #genchat.
- Have original content:
- RTs (retweets) are filtered.
- Most tweets starting with @ are also filtered.
- Don't spam.
Note: we no longer follow the #familyhistory tag. Unfortunately, it is now used too much by people talking about their family medical history, which is not appropriate for genealogy.